Call for projects – Brussels co-production forum
Dear M. Kolesnikov Dmytro,
I am writing on behalf of the Brussels International Film Festival (20.06 > 29.06) which is launching its call for projects for the 4th Brussels co-production forum. The forum is an initiative that aims to promote partnerships between European and Belgian producers, as well as support and train a young generation of producers in the development of their first projects. It will take place on Monday 24th and Tuesday 25th of June 2019.
To briefly present you our festival, the Brussels International Film Festival proposes 3 official competitions and a serie of OFF competition screenings and professional meetings such as the co-production forum.
This year, the Brussels co-production forum will be organized in two sections:
– The first section aims to train and help a new generation of producers to get into the development of their project through business meetings and training workshops.
– The second section focuses on gap financing with producers who are looking for an additional Belgian budget for their feature film project.
10 projects in each section will be selected to take part in the forum.
Producers of selected projects in both section will be invited to Brussels (travel grant, hotel accommodation, meals and a free accreditation to the Brussels International Film Festival) and have to opportunity to :
– Pitch their project in front of Belgian and European producers looking for partnerships.
– Have individuals meetings with a great number of professionals.
– Build contacts to find public and private funding for their projects in case of an agreement.
– Participate in training sessions and conferences with experts regarding the development of their project.
– Take part in the Brussels International Film Festival.
Thus, I allow myself to write you today to ask you if you will accept, to forward this call for projects to producers of your network who could be interested in this initiative or help us to identify projects which could be eligible.
All the information (regulation, application form etc.) can be found on our website following this link: https://briff.be/en/professionals/ or in the document attached.
You can also simply register to meet holders of the selected projects on this link: https://briff.be/en/brussels-co-production-forum-2019/.
Hoping this information will arouse your interest,
I remain at your disposal if you need any further information,
Brussels Short Film Festival
25.04 – 5.05.2019
Brussels International Film Festival
20 – 29.06.2019